Everybody needs new ways to relax. Find your new favourite outlet to let off some steam and get back into nature.
Whether it’s exploring the many trails, feeling the wind blow through your hair as you boat along the rivers and lakes, or getting down and dirty while ATVing, you can find something that speaks to your heart and give you some much needed relaxing!
*Disclaimer* Time in nature has not been cancelled, but we must be responsible for helping everyone stay safe and healthy! Here are some guidelines to follow while exploring your community:
- Stay home if you have been travelling or do not feel well. Here is an excellent resource if you are quarantined. This will help you find people in Manitoba who are willing and able to help you while quarantined. Help Next Door Manitoba
- Go out with people within your household, but practice social distancing (2 metres away) with other groups.
- Stay within your community. Please do not travel to other communities.
- Please practice Leave No Trace. Clean up after yourself and leave nothing behind such as trash and waste.
- Check with your local municipality if play structures in parks and schools are open.
- Social distancing can be easier in rural communities because we live farther apart from each other. If you live in a condo or apartment, please follow the guidelines provided to you to ensure you keep your social distance from your neighbors.
If you like some adventure in your R&R time, then ATVing is the way to go! ATVing has everything! The thrill of speed, spending quality time with those you love, and exploring Eastman’s back roads, wilderness, and wildlife!
Check out Eastman ATV for news, tips, trail information, and regulations.
The new fishing season is open, and after the short hiatus, you’re probably excited to get back on the water!
Whether you’re sitting back bankside, or right in the thick of it on the water, fishing is one of Eastman’s hottest activities! From the peaceful setting of nature, the excitement of catching a fish, to spending time with family, it’s hard to find a downside of fishing.
Check out Hunt Fish Manitoba for fishing license information, and then get on the water to find your next big catch!
Get ready for your next canoeing, kayaking, or paddle surfing venture! The Eastman Region has plenty of lakes and rivers just waiting for you!
From soothing flat water to calm your mind, to exhilarating rushing waters to get your heart pumping, there’s an endless supply of communities ready and willing to tend to your paddling needs.
Plan your next paddle trip by using the Paddle Manitoba website for tips, learn to paddle, gear and rentals, and much, much more!
Discover a whole new world in some of Eastman’s trails! From majestic trees, the chatter of animals, to unbelievable sights of nature, you’ll never want to leave the almost magical quality that local trails have to offer.
Trail hiking is more than just walking! It’s getting reconnected to nature, recharging yourself away from modern distractions, and sharing an experience with friends and family. Bring a lunch and have a picnic, pack your camera and add phenomenal photos to your collection, or even sit down and just take in all the breathtaking wilderness.
Get ready to start boating, kitesurfing, jet skiing, water skiing, kiteboarding, or doing any of your favourite water sports! Just grab your gear and head over to the lake for your favourite pass time.