Mother’s Day is right around the corner, and you might be thinking to yourself, “how on earth can we celebrate?”. There are lots of options out there. You just have to get a little creative!
Here are 5 awesome ways you can make your mom feel special on Mother’s Day and still respect social distancing and guidelines put in place.
*Disclaimer* Time in nature has not been cancelled, but we must be responsible to help everyone stay safe and healthy! Here are some guidelines to follow while exploring your community:
- Stay home if you have been traveling or do not feel well. Here is a great resource if you are quarantined. This will help you find people in Manitoba who are willing and able to help you while quarantined. Help Next Door Manitoba
- Go out with your family, but practice social distancing with other groups.
- Stay within your community. Please do not travel to other communities.
- Stay off play structures in parks and schools.
- Social Distancing can be easier in rural communities because we live farther apart from each other. If you live in a condo or apartment, please follow the guidelines provided to you to ensure you keep your social distance from you neighbors.
In this day and age, it is so easy to stay connected to everyone! Instead of a mundane regular phone call, use Skype, Facebook, Zoom, or anyone of the many video call services out there.
The best part is that you can still enjoy activities with your mom! Play board games, card games, charades, chess, or even have a bake-off right from your separate homes! The options are limitless!
Many florists are still delivering flowers, and what is a better gift than a bouquet? Talk to your local florist and see if they deliver!
Bakeries are still open! If you live with your mother, then picking up some yummy treats will brighten up her day. Maybe she’ll even share it with you!
It’s no secret that the Eastman Region is full of talented artists! Whether it’s a good book, a stunning painting or photo, handcrafted jewelry, or woodwork masterpieces, there is something for everyone.
Gift Certificates for Her Favourite Restaurant or Store
A lot of stores and restaurants have closed their doors for now, but that doesn’t mean you can’t plan ahead. Get your mom a gift certificate for her favourite shop, restaurant, spa, or salon; once they open their doors again, make a day of it and pamper yourself and your mom!